At Iqra, we provide a range of exciting activities and services to meet the needs of your child to build a better future. Our staff are passionate and committed to what they do and will deliver the best support for children and young people to benefit in a creative and fun environment.
- To provide a welcoming, friendly, pleasant, safe and a positive environment for children and young people
- To provide a stimulating and creative platform that enhances the social, physical, emotional, intellectual and cultural need
- To promote acceptance and instil civic responsibility amongst young people to become active and responsible future citizens
- Boost and motivate children's confidence through positive pastime activities
- To excel through learning, continuous improvement and broadening the use of our services
- Provide placements to develop work experience related skills knowledge and enterprise
- Prepare children and young people to become confident and aspirational members of the community
- Deliver preventative services that build resilience in children and young people
- Celebrate progress and achieve through increased confidence and self-esteem
- Provide a safe and positive environment that recognises the skills and talents of all children and young people
- Raise aspirations and achievement in learning from a young age
- Reduce the chances of NEETS impacting young people through positive engagement
Inspire & Motivate
Achieve Excellance Through Learning
Positive Peer Engagement
Attend Today Achieve Tomorrow
Creative & Curious Club
An exciting provision for children and young people that offers a wide range of activities and opportunities to develop positive life skills, teamwork and confidence through positive peer engagement.
The Iqra team deliver positive pastime sessions every weekend and during half term and end of term holidays.
Saturday and Sunday from 11.00 am to 3.00 pm
Each session will provide an opportunity for children and young people to participate in creative activities, educational games and activities that encourage achievement and aspirations, relationship building as well as self-reflection and group discussion. Experienced staff deliver a range of activities using all the available facilities at the Hub as well as organising off-site sessions.
Volunteering opportunities are available for young people aged 14 years to 19 years and adult volunteers. These will be supervised and DBS checks are carried out.
In line with Government Guidance children's activities and volunteering are cancelled until further notice for the November 2020 lockdown period.
IQRA offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities consisting of positive pastime sessions that children and young people can enjoy and benefit from. It includes homework club, drama, creative arts, jewellery making, photography, healthy snacks and sow and grow sessions.
Facilities At The Hub
Indoor Multi-Purpose Hall
Team Games & Outdoor Fun
I.T Suite to Aid Homework & Studies
Oasis Community Garden
Weekend, Holiday & After School Activities
- Arts & Crafts
- Cook & Eat
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Pool Table
- Table Tennis
- Cinema & Youth Club
- Community Garden
- Weekend Club
- Sports Activities
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Community Cohesion
- Citizenship Activities
- English & Maths Supplementary Classes
Iqra has ongoing vacancies for sessional staff to work on a rota basis for the positive pastime weekend, afterschool and holiday activities. If you have a level 3 and above child/youth-related qualification please contact us below with your C.V and we will let you know if there are any positions available. A full DBS advanced clearance check is required for this position.
Volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14 to 19 years consist of gaining skills in administration, customer service, youth provision and project delivery. Contact us by forwarding a copy of your C.V to: email@example.com.
We will respond to your enquiry A.S.A.P.
Get in touch
C/O Aaina Community Hub.
Bath Road, Walsall, WS1 3BS
01922 644006 - 07798 801627